Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Addicted to Pincushions






What am I doing? I find myself creating pincushions
every night. I will soon have one for each room in the
house. I will be giving them away for graduation gifts
- the traditional graduation pincushion, I am sure you
are familiar with it. . .

I stumbled on this nifty little book (thank you very much
Amazon for alerting me to yet another "need") and am addicted!

OK, true confession - this new obsession is the hybrid of
two other obsessions: my love for something I can create
in my lap and my love for thick wool. I have a stash of this
fabulous wool from my previous obsession for wool rug hooking.
I have commitment issues.

I know Iwill return to the rug hooking because of the absolutely
georgeous one I am 2/3 done with. I will come back, I promise!
BUT in the meantime who could resist these festival-in-your-palm
pincushions? And so practical. Did I mention the embellished pins
you can make to go in them?

What? How did I get off on that? My real reason for the post is to
show picutres of some of my pincushions to inspire others - I'm taking
you down with me. This is mostly for my Les Arte des Ami friends.
I will post photos of ones you bring to the meeting the 24th too.

1 comment:

  1. Well, welcome to blog world! I think this is a fantastic idea. The pin cushions are precious... sad I missed the chance to make them but they have wet my appetite about what is to come. You are one super creative woman!

    ReplyDelete