Saturday, June 20, 2009

Breathtaking collages - I marvel at each one!

I don't need to say much - these pictures speak volumes! My favorite project so far, you can see how inspired we all were. With a huge counter-ful of treasures, a coffee table full of bonus and enough glue and paint to keep us going, I am amazed at the finished products. Why is it so relaxing to cut, combine and glue? Some did not finish yet, will post those and mine in the next couple of weeks (I will be off to PA for marketing school this week- can I make it fun?), but here are most of the masterpieces from Thursday night's class (Object of Interest pointed out on each one - denoted by "OoI":
Tess used the vintage wallpaper she plans on using in her house as the background. Those huge blue flowers on the milk chocolate background from the '40's! She added the "M" for Murphy, vintage jewelry pieces and a verses her grandmother had written on cards and saved. OoI, the little drops of bling she worked into the background
.

Rachel and Jarrod with Brooklyn - this photo surrounded with Rachel's grandmother's (or maybe great-aunts) vintage buttons. OoI: The button with two birds under an umbrella - where do they come up with these things?


Lindy (my workout master) created a pretty romantic montage of her and Zach, her firefighting husband. OoI, the french sentiments were taken from a card accompanying flowers that he sent her-I can't remember what it means, but you can never go wrong with a little french!


Eloise will use this in her class as she teaches about Van Gogh - the words you can barely see, the OoI: "What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?" V van G said it!


Katie, my sweet daughter via Andy - Perfection in black and white shell/ocean motif with matching hymns. Vintage anchor buttons in a truly sea-ish green bring in the color. And the final pop of just right green ribbon. OoI here has to be the vintage transparent seashell button!

My own little Jill created this collection of all things fab. Beginning with her original drawing on the right and making a pretty delicious background wash, I love the combo of goodies! OoI has to be the boy running away at the bottom right. So clever!

Dee collages photos of her and sisters. I love the lettering, wonder at the Mona Lisa and OoI is the crown on Dee's head. She has earned it!

The sisters of creativity - Angie goes with a peacock tail floating crown motif. OoI : The pansy vintage jewelry in the upper right - perfection!
Angie's sis Casey - takes a vintage family color chart (raise your hand if you have a family color chart handed down for generations). The small print are the (OoI alert) "rules" of using color. Of course I can't remember what they were, but man they were strict. I do remember laughing heartily as we read them.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone's turned out so great!! Such a fun project!! Oooo, and I finished my apron. I'll bring it next time so ya'll can see.

    For the record, I won't be teaching about Van Gogh per se. I just wanted inspirational quotes in my classroom & I found this one by Van Gogh. Plus, I just really like A Starry Night and the blue & yellow are my school's colors. I just thought it all came together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot thank Mr Pedro loan service enough and letting people know how grateful I am for all the assistance that you and your team staff have provided and I look forward to recommending friends and family should they need financial advice or assistance @ 2% Rate for Business Loan .Via Contact: pedroloanss@gmail.com .

    ReplyDelete