Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Here is my sample collage.



I put this collage together to go in my breakfast area. I have a collection of A Child's Garden of Verses, so I thought it would be fun to do a collage around one of cutest poems from this collection. I am sure I will keep messing with it because I can't leave well enough alone - I love the red and used tissue paper and pages from a vintage book for the background. I have some pages you can use and a few nifty illustrations as well.

The really cool thing - I ordered a box of vintage wallpaper scraps, and waited with great fear and trembling in case they didn't get here in time (no comments about my last minute tendencies). THEY CAME!
Look at the bounty! I spent last night sorting through and I must say they will be amazing for backgrounds for us. (Ordered from lynetteaprilarts at esty, click for link) I am inspired. And if my muscles weren't so sore (see Lindy Houston for some serious pain-inducing workout opportunities) I would be doing a little artsy dance. This week, the glue/paint/scraps will fly!!!

A little more ephemera because, why not?!?! BTW, click on "A Bit of Pink Heaven" under my favorite blogs for yet another really cool collage idea.

2 comments:

  1. You are just so sweet and have made my day! You put together a great collage. I LOVE A Child's Garden of Verses and have a poem written on some drawers that are in the side of an attic wall! Wonderful colors in your collage. Thanks for the tip on the wallpaper purchase. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I thought I posted a comment but not sure if I did after all. Anyways, I LOVE your blog. Where have you been all my life????
    :) I have been meaning to start a blog FOREVER!! now I must. I will be checking back daily to see what cuteness you come up with.

    ReplyDelete