Thursday, June 11, 2009

A quick reminder for my Les Arte des Amis girls!

THIS THURSDAY! June 18 is our next art group meeting and I am so excited about it, I blogged a few days ago - and in my frenzy, lost all my thoughts and momentum and oh well. Now I try again.
This month we will be creating COLLAGES.
So that we aren't all deer-in-the-headlights frozen, I want you to think long and hard about your inspiration. Here is what I am going to do to help you. . .
Go to these links and see how wild one can get with this method:

The creative group in this link posts a different collage project a week. They call them "catalysts" and several artists answer a question with a collage. I am linking to one of 63 (question o' the week: "What makes you, you"). Browse around on several and you will be inspired.

Go to flickr.com and search for "mixed media collage" - oh man, talk about ideas!! (or just click since I linked to the search).

AND TO HELP YOU IN YOUR MENTAL PREPARATION,
You are not allowed in the door next week without the following:
A word to illustrate.
For example - what word do you love the sound of (breezy, ethereal, oxymoron, flutter)? What is a word that describes you (clever, ditsy, happy, whimsical)? What is your favorite color (magenta, crimson, poppy, butternut)? State a mood(grouchy, smoochy, giddy, sleepy, gladsome). What about a flower (iris, poppy, bleeding heart, bird o' paradise). What word inspires you today (joyful, butterflies, nature, family) ?
More to come along with some photos of examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment